6.10.07

Kinky Friedman por Ron Paul




Mas quem é Kinky Friedman?... is a popular author and iconoclast, and for 30 years has had a popular band called Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys. Kinky is a self-described 'Jewish cowboy' with a trademark cowboy hat and cigar."

Fui fazer uma busca e saiu isto:

- Friedman is opposed to the Trans-Texas Corridor since it relies on toll road construction. He feels that the TTC is a land grab of the ugliest kind, with land being taken from hard-working ranchers and farmers in little towns and villages all over Texas.[18]
- "I am not anti-death penalty, but I'm damn sure anti-the-wrong-guy-getting-executed"
- "Texas can no longer wait for our federal government to solve our illegal immigration problem," Friedman said. "These are steps that Texas can immediately take to help stem the tide of illegal immigrants penetrating our border."
- "I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us"

- One of his favorite quotes comes from Mark Twain: "If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go".[26]
- Friedman supports the decriminalization of marijuana, though he doesn't advocate making its sale legal. "I'm not talking about like Amsterdam," he's noted, "We've got to clear some of the room out of the prisons so we can put the bad guys in there, like the pedophiles and the politicians".[27]
- "I'm not pro-life, and I'm not pro-choice. I'm pro-football"

Sem comentários: