28.9.07

Beatles - The Tax Man



Original lyrics to "Taxman" by George Harrison of the Beatles (1966)

(One, two, three, four, one two)
Let me tell you how it will beThere's one for you, nineteen for me'Cause I'm the taxmanYeah, I'm the taxman
Should five percent appear too smallBe thankful I don't take it all'Cause I'm the taxmanYeah, I'm the taxman
(If you drive a car car) I'll tax the street(If you try to sit sit) I'll tax your seat(If you get too cold cold) I'll tax the heat(If you take a walk walk) I'll tax your feet
Taxman!
'Cause I'm the taxmanYeah, I'm the taxman
Don't ask me what I want it for(Ah, ah, Mr. Wilson)If you don't want to pay some more(Ah, ah, Mr. Heath)'Cause I'm the taxmanYeah, I'm the taxman
Now my advise for those who die(Taxman!)Declare the pennies on your eyes(Taxman!)
'Cause I'm the taxmanYeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one, but me(Taxman!)

Harrison: vocal, lead guitarLennon: backing vocalMcCartney: backing vocal, bass, lead guitarStarr: drums, tambourine, cowbell

Sem comentários: